We can easily import the excel sheet data to sql server table with Microsoft Sql Server Management Studio using the below steps -
1. Open Sql Server Management Studio.
2. Select the database where you want to import your excel sheet data.
3. Right Click -> Tasks -> Import Data..
4. Click Next to proceed.
5. Select "Data Source" for source type i.e. - Microsoft Excel,Browse excel file, Choose Excel version and Click Next.
6. Select Destination data source, enter username/password for Sql server, choose the destination data source and click Next.
7. Select option 1 from next screen i.e. - copy data from one or more tables or views.
8. In next screen, select the excel sheet and destination table. By default it adds a table with same name as excel sheet, You can opt to choose existing table.
You can also double click on mapping row to change the mapping -
Click next to further proceeed.
9. Select "Run immediately" , click next and then Finish button to proceed with the data transfer.
Finally you will get the success/fail message after the task completion.
Saturday, October 24, 2015
How to import excel sheet data to Sql Server tables with Sql Server Management Studio
12:31 AM Manish Rai Sql Server Management Studio
About the Author
Author & Editor