Before printing the e-Aadhaar Card we require to validate the signature. Below are the steps for validating the Signature on your eAadhaar Card. Before validating the signature make sure that your computer/laptop is connected to the Internet.
1. If you see in your Aadhaar Card file there is a text coming "Signature not verified" and also a question mark coming across this.
Right click on the above 'validity unknown' icon and click on 'Validate Signature'.
2. You will see the signature validation status window, Now, Click on the Signature Properties menu.
3. Click on Show Certificate..
4. Now, Verify that there is a certification path that named as 'NIC sab-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center'. This identifies 'NIC sab-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center' as the owner of the digital certificate that has been used when signing the document.
Mark the certification path named 'NIC sab-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center'
5. Click the Trust tab and then Add to Trusted Identities.
6. Answer OK to any security question that follows.
7. Now, Check(✓) the field for Use this certificate as a trusted root and click OK twice to close this and the next window.
8. Click Validate Signature to execute and finish the validation process.
Now, Your eAadhaar Card's Digital Signature is verified and you can take the print out of your Aadhaar Card. Enjoy:)
Sunday, September 7, 2014
How to validate the Digital Signature for your Aadhaar Card
9:47 AM Manish Rai Aadhaar
About the Author
Author & Editor