Sunday, September 8, 2013
How to apply online for the Indian Passport - Steps for applying Indian Passport
10:48 AM Manish Rai Passport
Ministry of External affairs had recently launched the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)that improved the passport application process.
This new system claims to get the passport within three days.
There are two ways to apply for the Passport -
2. Offline - Submit the form at Passport Seva Kendra.
Steps for applying the Passport through Online
1. Register on Passport Seva Website by clicking on "Register Now" button on this website.
2. Now, Login to this website by Passport Seva user account.
3. Click on the "Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport" link.
4. Fill the required details asking in the form and submit the form online.
5. Now, Click on the "Schedule Appointment" link on the "View Saved/Submitted Applications" screen to schedule an appointment.
Appointment Time for each Passport Office is different. Like- for Delhi it is 6.00 PM ,for Patna it is 11 AM.
Click here to view appointment time for your Passport Office
6. Now, Online Payment is mandatory for booking the appointments at all Passport Seva Kendras (PSK).
As per the information online Payment can be made using below mode:
Through Credit/Debit Card (Master Card & Visa)
Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) and Associate Banks Only)
Through SBI Bank Challan
Click here to see the Passport Fee
7. Now, Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) where appointment has been booked. Please carry your original documents.
Click here to see your near by Passport Seva Kendras
Below are the basic supporting documents required for passport -
Proof of Date of Birth
Proof of residence
Proof of nationality
About the Author
Author & Editor