Saturday, March 2, 2013
How to change the Address in UIDAI Aadhaar Card in easy way
Unique Identification Authority of India provides the facility to change the existing Aadhaar Card information.
We can change the following information in Aadhaar Card -
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
UDAI provides two ways to update the data, either we can submit our request online or we can send request by Post.
Update Aadhaar Card Information online
We can update our Aadhaar Card information online in following 3 easy steps-
1. Login with Aadhaar
2. Submit the Change information
3. Upload the supporting documents
Click here to update your Aadhaar Card information online
Note :- You can update the information only if you have a valid mobile number because Mobile number is mandatory to receive the OTP(one time password)for login.
Update Aadhaar Card Information by post
1. Please fill the complete Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form and sign on it.
Click here to download the Update/Correction Form
2. Please attach self attested supporting documents as per your data updation.
List of valid supporting documents for data update(online or by post)
a. Name Update– This requires PoI(proof of identity) listed in “Supported Proof of Identity (PoI)" documents that contains the Name and your photo.
b. Date of Birth Update– Requires DoB listed in “supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB)documents”.
c. Address Update– Requires PoA(proof of address) listed in “Supported Proof of Address (PoA)documents that contains the name and your Address”.
3. Review the information in the form for correctness and completeness as UIDAI will not make any corrections to the information in your request.
4. Please mention your Aadhaar Number on all copies of attached documents.
5. Please Send the Form along with the supporting documents to one of the given Address .
On top of the envelope write as “Aadhaar Update/Correction”.
6. You will receive an intimation of update request receipt after the update.
About the Author
Author & Editor